Join a discussion with frontline Iraqi rights advocates and their allies.
Come learn about our shared strategies to confront ISIS's systematic sexual slavery and homophobic violence. Hear our policy recommendations to secure the lives and human rights of women, girls and LGBT Iraqis. Learn how grassroots activists document human rights abuses and protect people in danger, including at a first-of-its-kind empowerment center for women who escaped sexual slavery.
Women and LGBT people are more than victims of ISIS. Come meet the people who are saying no to hatred and extremism and building a more hopeful future for all Iraqis.
- Yanar Mohammed, Director, the Organization for Women’s Freedom in Iraq (OWFI)
- Majid Hannoun, Iraqi Human Rights Activist
- Amir Ashour, Iraqi LGBT Rights Activist, Founder of IraQueer
- Yifat Susskind, Executive Director, MADRE
- Lisa Davis, Human Rights Advocacy Director, MADRE
- Moderated by: Jessica Stern, Executive Director, Outright Action International
To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discussion & Reception
Thursday, April 14th
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
CUNY Law School - Student Affairs Lounge on 5th floor
2 Court Square, Long Island City
New York, NY
Two stops from Manhattan: Take the E, M, or 7 Train to Court Square