With warmongers in top US posts, the world is at risk of even more armed conflict — including rape and sexual slavery as weapons of war. Your 2017 membership gift will help:
- Expand escape routes and emergency shelters for women and girls fleeing sexual slavery and deadly violence in Iraq.
- Deliver urgent medical supplies and reproductive health care to Syrian women and families fleeing ISIS and help to rebuild and stock a children's hospital in Aleppo.
- Send vital support and safe birthing kits to a MADRE-supported network of Palestinian and Israeli midwives committed to maternal health and to peace.
In response to climate change-denying politicians, we must protect those suffering from the food shortage, droughts, floods and diseases linked to this growing danger. Your 2017 membership gift will help:
- Build clean water systems to guard against drought and contamination in Indigenous communities in Kenya.
- Stock seed banks to feed hungry families and support farmers markets for Indigenous women farmers in Nicaragua.
- Train Indigenous women to campaign for fair and effective climate policy that protects people and the planet.
Women and girls who have endured violence and injustice need our support to find their power and embrace another chance at life. Your 2017 membership gift will help:
- Empower traumatized women and girls, including former child soldiers in Colombia, to transform themselves from survivors to activists through counseling, art therapy, human rights and skills training.
- Create "Shelter Without Walls" in Nicaragua. By changing laws and social norms, we aim to make whole communities safe from sex trafficking and domestic violence. Women in Colombia, Syria and Iraq also dream of their own Shelters Without Walls.