Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Program/Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting MADRE’s institutional fundraising efforts. The Program/Development Coordinator will serve as a primary grant writer and liaison between MADRE’s Development team and Programs teams in order synthesize programmatic developments and compile, analyze and report on MADRE’s impact to funders. She/he will develop compelling proposals and reports for impact using a logical framework, identify viable prospects, and take ownership for the development and implementation of fundraising strategies designed to achieve revenue targets during a time of organizational growth.
Primary roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and write compelling concept papers, grant proposals and requests for foundation and institutional funding.
- Work with MADRE Programs staff to analyze and capture MADRE's impact for funders.
- Develop strong M&E language within proposals and reports.
- Identify and research foundation and institutional funders and prospects.
- Work with Finance team to ensure that all reports for foundation and institutional funders are drafted and submitted on time.
- Execute an annual foundation cultivation strategy which includes updates, phone calls, meetings, and other events, which help to achieve and maintain foundation support and advance relationships.
- Understand MADRE’s mission, programs and goals to effectively research, monitor and identify new potential sources of funding.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Creative, strategic thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe organizational needs in accessible, persuasive and inspiring ways.
- Proven track record of fundraising from foundations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles, and at different levels of seniority.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years of development/ fundraising experience.
- M& E Background a plus.
- Passionate about MADRE’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Application instructions: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.