MADRE seeks an energetic Program Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of MADRE’s programs in different regions and support the process of developing new partnerships. The Program Coordinator position reports directly to MADRE’s Director of Partnerships.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to and manage the day to day functions of MADRE’s partners and projects to assist with successful completion of activities, troubleshoot challenges and maximize overall program success;
- Assist with the coordination and completion of organizational capacity building trainings for MADRE’s partners;
- Translates proposals, correspondence, and other program related materials in both English and Spanish;
- Liaise with and facilitate communication between MADRE and our partners;
- Work with the Project Management team to develop robust systems for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and reporting to identify and document program progress, successes, challenges and lessons learned;
- Coordinate the implementation of these plans and the M&E activities of MADRE and our partners and ensure timely data collection and submission of progress reports, including narrative and financial reporting to MADRE and our external funders;
- Prepare short and quarterly narrative reports, updates and presentations on program progress to share with staff, members, donors, and the MADRE board;
- Coordinate the collection and reconciliation of financial documentation and correspondence, as needed;
- Engage with and respond to requests for information from program and project staff and funders;
- Assist in event planning, partner visits, program meetings, technical assistance, and managing travel and site visits;
- Conduct research and analysis on humanitarian and human rights issues, as deemed necessary;
- Draft internal research and program summaries and reports, as needed;
- Represent MADRE at speaking engagements and meetings;
- Coordinate the work of program interns and consultants.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and MADRE’s mission;
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills including dynamic public speaking ability, and the ability to articulate human rights issues persuasively, particularly with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles, and at different levels of seniority.
- Strong skills to multitask effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Willingness to embrace critical feedback with a positive attitude.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in human rights or a related social science field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Applicant must be willing to travel internationally between 5-10% of the time;
- Experience developing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation systems a plus;
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills in English and fluency in Spanish is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “ Program Coordinator, Partnerships Position in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTIQ individuals, and candidates with disabilities to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those candidates best qualified for the position.