On June 26 and 27, as the G20 meets in Toronto, progressive organizations will be holding alternative summits, themed days of resistance and days of action. The meetings will offer the public involvement in discussions on poverty, human rights and climate change, serving as an open forum and counterpoint to the private meetings to take place at the G20 Summit.
The public meetings will include prominent speakers and advocates for environmental, economic and social justice, including author-activist Naomi Klein, who is scheduled to address participants at the public Shout-Out for Global Justice to take place on June 25.
Among the scheduled protests are:
- The People's Summit (June 18-20 at Ryerson University)
- The OxFam Gender Justice Summit (June 18-20 at The Carlu and Ryerson University)
- Themed Days of Resistance (June 21-24 at Massey Hall)
- The Shout-Out for Global Justice (June 25 at Massey Hall)
- The Human Summit (June 27 at Woodbine Park)
Toronto G20 Protest Hints at More to Come
by Cameron French and Pav Jordan
June 19, 2010
G20 protesters say they won't be intimidated by police tactics
by Jesse McLean, Toronto Star
June 8, 2010