MADRE is seeking an experienced, passionate, highly organized development professional to serve as our Development Coordinator.
- Work with Executive Director to implement organizational fundraising strategy
- Coordinate and further develop Major Donors Program; generate communications with major donors.
- Cultivate new funding sources
- Research, write and submit funding proposals
- Communicate with funders on behalf of organization
- Generate and adhere to calendar of deadlines for soliciting grants
- Track pending proposals, grants received and declinations
- Update and maintain database of existing and potential funders
- Generate narrative and financial reports for funders
- Expand planned giving program and generate materials for donors on giving strategies
- Conduct outreach to secure speaking engagements for MADRE and coordinate logistics, including travel, accommodations, budget oversight
- Help create public event plans as needed
- Special projects related to fundraising, as assigned
- Commitment to women's rights and knowledge of the human rights framework
- Knowledge of and commitment to MADRE's vision and programs
- Familiarity with MADRE's networks and funders
- Demonstrated success procuring grants from foundations, corporations, and religious and community organizations
- Ability to represent MADRE and communicate effectively and sensitively with major donors and other funders
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Database management skills and professional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Spanish helpful but not required
Start Date: mid-July
Location: New York, NY
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Vivian Stromberg at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.