MADRE is seeking an experienced, passionate, highly organized professional to serve as our Website and Online Membership Coordinator.
Online Membership and Donations Processing
- Manage online donations and communications with online donors
- Process and disburse monthly check from online donations processor
- Help build relationship with online donors, particularly recurring donors
- Create and maintain new donation pages
- Send in honor and in memory cards
- Maintain third-party donation sites and process all third party donations
Website Development and Management
- Maintain, create, and update web content that promotes each of the organizations/projects offline efforts.
- Manage MADRE's Spanish website, including translation, approval and posting of content
- Work with vendors to evolve and upgrade website functionality and design as needed to support campaigns.
- Implement a strategy for search engine optimization.
- Ensure and maintain editorial consistency and web style guidelines.
- Analyze website traffic reports on Google analytics and create reports to share with staff.
- Help respond to website inquiries and information requests.
- Design and edit graphics as needed.
- Support development of other organizational/project websites as needed.
Online Campaigns and Email Advocacy
- Write and edit content for e-appeals, action campaigns and e-newsletters.
- Help maintain wrappers and pages for action campaigns and organizational messages.
- Help maintain email lists and databases.
- Analyze and share regular analysis of email campaign performance.
- Support creation and implementation of online marketing plans for website, publications, campaigns, and events.
- Develop strategies for list growth.
- Provide advice and counsel on best practices on web marketing and new media, including e-mail campaigns, online newsletters, search engine optimization (SEO), podcasts, and RSS feeds
Information Technology Coordination
- Coordinate staff IT needs with an external information technology vendor.
- Handle basic IT needs such as creating user accounts for new employees.
- Coordinate the purchase and payment of items for the online store
- Process, photograph and upload items to the third party site
- Maintain the inventory and ship items as orders arrive
- Prepare the webstore for seasonal pushes and assist in marketing campaigns
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for online store
- Commitment to women's rights and knowledge of the human rights framework
- Knowledge of and commitment to MADRE's vision and programs
- Familiarity with html and online content management systems
- Familiarity with DemocracyInAction or a similar online donations processor a plus
- Ability to represent MADRE and communicate effectively and sensitively with donors
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Database management skills and professional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience prepping graphics and video for web
- Tech and Web 2.0 savvy
- Some knowledge of Spanish required
Start Date: early to mid August
Location: New York, NY
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Vivian Stromberg email@example.com. No phone calls please.
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.