We’ve made it through the first 100 days of the Trump administration. It was a period marked by chaos and continued assaults on our rights and freedoms, in the US and around the world.
But at the same time, there’s been hope. Our progressive movements have grown in strength and in numbers, mobilizing a powerful resistance to policies fueled by hate and fear. It’s on us all to sustain this momentum – through the next 100 days and beyond.
We're sharing resources on the threats we face, the policies we demand, and how we can resist together. Click here to learn more.
The Trump administration has launched repeated attacks on women’s health, in the US and around the world. Roe v. Wade and reproductive health services in the US are under threat. At the same time, essential US funding for women’s health programs worldwide have been cruelly cut. Let’s take a look:
- One of Trump’s first moves in office was not only to reinstate the Global Gag Rule, but to expand it to cover all US global health funding. This decision effectively withdraws US funding from international health organizations that so much as mention abortion to their patients. And it endangers the health of millions of women worldwide by cutting vital funding to health organizations that offer reproductive health care as well as treat cancer, HIV and other life-threatening illnesses.
- Trump promised to appoint a Supreme Court justice who would overturn Roe v. Wade. And his pick for the court, Neil Gorsuch, has a record of hostility to women’s health rights. For example, he won employers the right to deny contraception coverage to their employees.
- The Trump administration cut all funding to the UNFPA, an agency that provides lifesaving maternal and reproductive health care worldwide. These cuts deny basic services to women living in some of the world’s toughest places who often have no other means of health care.
Our Feminist Foreign Policy Demands
We call on the US to:
- Fully fund essential programs, in the US and worldwide, that provide for women’s health care. That means the full range of reproductive and maternal health services, including abortion.
- Eliminate the Global Gag Rule and all policy barriers to women’s full reproductive rights, and end the penalization of organizations that make abortion accessible.
Our Resistance with Women Worldwide – And You
In the face of attacks on women’s health, we will continue to provide the broadest possible range of care to women facing war and disaster worldwide. For example:
- We deliver life-saving supplies and medicines, including ultrasound machines and prenatal vitamins, to a maternal health clinic serving Indigenous women on the remote north coast of Nicaragua.
- We partner with Midwives for Peace, a network of Palestinian and Israeli midwives providing prenatal care and safe birthing care to Palestinian mothers trapped by Israeli policies and roadblocks that prevent them from reaching hospitals.
- We provide vital reproductive health services and contraception to Syrian refugee women who have no other form of health care.
Join us as we advance these demands and our on-the-ground resistance!