MADRE seeks a highly organized, experienced, and skilled Office Manager to join our growing organization and manage our day-to-day operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and excellence. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Office Manager will handle a range of administrative and operational functions, and provide organizational support to MADRE’s team of over 20 employees.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, reliable and trust-worthy individual who embraces wearing multiple hats, is well organized and flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse teams of people, located on two floors. The individual must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Point person for office upkeep, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Monitors and maintains office supplies inventory and is responsible for purchasing supplies and equipment
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manages contracts and price negotiations with vendors and service providers Coordinates with IT department on all office equipment
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards
- Ensures filing systems are maintained and current
- Ensures security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Responsible for analyzing MADRE’s infrastructure; researching new technologies; reporting and recommending alternative methods of efficiency
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment
Administrative and Finance Support
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments
- Assists with creating PowerPoint presentations
- Serves as the primary contact with financial consultants to assist with MADRE’s annual audit; ensures timely submission of all required documents and payments to various IRS processing centers
- Responsible for approving invoices for payments, monitoring credit card accounts and making special payments as needed, making bank deposits and withdrawals on behalf of MADRE staff
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing petty cash; reconciling petty cash account and submitting reports to finance department
- Partners with MADRE’s Human Resources to ensure employee compliance of office policies and assists with design and implementation of new policies
- Assists all team leaders with job announcement postings and reporting to management on all postings
- Participates actively in the planning and execution of organizational events
- Provides orientation and training to new staff members
This is a full-time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional work on evenings and early mornings may be necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. No travel is required.
- Minimum of 5 years office management experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Sound judgment and ability to act with discretion
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures a plus
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.