MADRE staff and our partners, including Executive Director Yifat Susskind, speak at colleges, community centers, places of worship and conferences across the country and internationally. Many talks feature the leaders of our sister organizations, who are on the frontlines of today's global crises. Hear directly from the women creating positive change in communities worldwide!
These talks are an opportunity to learn about human rights crises in the communities where we work, and women's solutions for peace and justice.
MADRE speakers have presented at Amherst College, Bridgewater State College, Brown University, Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture, Fordham University, John Jay College for Criminal Justice, Middlebury College, New York University, Rutgers University, Skidmore College, United Nations Youth Assembly, University of Colorado-Boulder, and University of Southern California, among others.
If you would like more information and are associated with a university, high school, religious institution or community organization that can help support our programs by arranging for an honorarium and covering travel expenses, please submit the form below or call us at 212-627-0444.
Speakers From MADRE's Sister Organizations
- Rose Cunningham, Director of Wangki Tangni, Nicaragua
- Yanar Mohammed, Director of the Organization of Women's Freedom in Iraq
Past Speaking Engagements
- Yifat Susskind, MADRE Executive Director, "Fighting the Poverty of Imagination" TEDx Saint Peters University, New Jersey [Watch Here]
- Diana Duarte, MADRE Communications Director, "Women's Solutions for Climate Change" Marion Institute’s 10th annual “Connecting for Change” conference, Massachusetts [Watch Here]
- Natasha Lycia Ora Bannan, MADRE Board Member, "Preventing Sexual Violence and Protecting Survivors" Preventing Sexual Violence in Armed Conflict conference, Dominican Republic [Watch Here]