MADRE is an international feminist human rights organization that partners with grassroots women’s organizations in situations of disaster or conflict. MADRE works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; in which women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and in which people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks a Media Content Consultant to create social media content and one printed pamphlet on gender-based violence (GBV) and COVID-19 prevention that will support the efforts of Afro-Colombian women advocates to conduct outreach on these themes within their communities. The Consultant will report to MADRE’s Human Rights Advocacy Director; however, all media materials will be produced with input and approval from representatives of MADRE’s partner organization Proceso de Comunidades Negras (PCN), based in Colombia.
This consultancy will be remote (the Consultant is expected to have their own space and equipment to work) and will last approximately the span of three months.
Responsibilities may include:
- Production of media content about GBV and COVID-19 prevention to be posted by PCN activists and other organizations on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok;
- Creation of memes, GIFs and/or other images with text as well as short, easy and simple videos, e.g., video representing influential Afro-descendent activists discussing the importance of GBV prevention and COVID-19 prevention;
- Development of hashtags to promote and increase the reach of social media posts;
- Creation of a pamphlet on GBV and COVID-19 prevention and available resources for advocates to conduct health outreach; (MADRE will be in charge of printing said pamphlet).
- Other related duties as necessary.
- Proven history of support for social justice movements, particularly movements for the rights of Afro-descendant peoples and for gender justice.
- Proven history of developing social media and digital media content on behalf of progressive organizations or social movements;
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and oral Spanish;
- Willing and able to learn from feedback and to ask questions;
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Access to computers and necessary programs to make digital media content;
- College degree or significant work experience required in media, content production and/or digital communications.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume/CV, 2-3 references, and examples or links to examples of your work, and a pricing chart for memes or image and text content as well as short videos for posting on social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, and pricing to create a pamphlete to firstname.lastname@example.org. The estimated budget for the production of media materials is approximately COP $9,500,000- COP $11,030,000 total over the three-month consultancy period.
Please include “Media Content Specialist” in the subject line of the email application.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the consultancy is filled.
MADRE is committed to enhancing our diverse community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTIQ people to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.