MADRE is an international women's human rights organization and feminist fund that partners with community-based women's groups in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East who face war and disaster. MADRE works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; resources are shared equitably and sustainably; women participate effectively in all aspects of society, and people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE offers a comprehensive model of support to our grassroots partners using three interconnected strategies—grantmaking, organizational strengthening, and legal advocacy—to meet urgent needs and create opportunities for women and girls in marginalized communities to assert their agency and voice.
Using these strategies, MADRE provides long-term and flexible financial and direct service support to community-based women’s and girls’ groups that have been historically marginalized. Many of them are largely under the radar of traditional philanthropy and/or where conflict or disaster have rendered them difficult to fund and challenging to reach. We work at the intersection of three program areas—Ending Gender Violence, Advancing Climate Justice, and Building a Just Peace—and across five priority communities who are disproportionately marginalized: young women and girls, Indigenous women, Afro-descendant women, LGBTIQ+ people, and people with disabilities.
The first grant maker to hundreds of organizations, in MADRE’s nearly 40-year history, we have disbursed over $58 million in grants and in-kind support to organizations across the globe.
MADRE marketing is driven by raising the visibility of our brand and theory of change. When one thinks about how to achieve a just world and uphold human rights, we want them to think of MADRE and our grassroots partners' work. This role helps us achieve this aim through raising our external visibility by telling the MADRE story and making sure it is heard by the right audiences.
Reporting to the associate director of communications and marketing, the marketing supervising manager leads and implements MADRE’s marketing programming.
Scope of Work under this Position:
This role is responsible for meeting key marketing performance indicators (KPIs) that year-over-year signify a growing and engaged MADRE audience. Essential to this role is deeply understanding our audiences, how to reach them, and what they want to hear from us. This understanding will drive marketing programming and guide recommendations to leadership to influence the strategy and vision of the department.
Day-to-day, this looks like:
- Assessing the marketing program's effectiveness by reporting on and making recommendations from marketing analytics
- Creating cohesion across the marketing program; ensuring audience engagement and advertising are meeting KPIs
- Creating and assessing cohesive campaigns across the website, social, email marketing, speaking engagements, events, and traditional media informed by working closely with the content supervising manager on messaging
- Working closely with the content supervising manager and visual media coordinator to assess visuals
Supervising and Implementation
This role will supervise essential marketing positions, the digital content strategist and marketing associate, providing mentorship and guidance–while also implementing core marketing functions.
- Supervise the digital content strategist; work as a thought partner to guide their work across social media platforms, provide long-term strategies to meet social media KPIs, and day-to-day guidance as needed
- Supervise the marketing associate; closely direct the administrative work they accomplish across the communications and marketing team
- Guide and implement marketing reporting across platforms; present reporting to the associate director, senior director, and outside departments/audiences as necessary
- Manage the email marketing program; coordinate all the moving parts of email drops across the team and organization, create and maintain automated series, and drive efficiency through testing
- Manage the website program to ensure the site runs smoothly and SEO goals are being met; coordinate front-end maintenance by the marketing associate and heavier back-end maintenance and changes with the vendor.
- Manage the advertising program; assess and make recommendations to influence key indicators
- Administer MADRE's Google AdWords and Analytics accounts
- Drive the MADRE Champions program; closely coordinate with the digital content strategist
- Collaborate with associate director and senior director to promote MADRE via events, speaking engagements, and cause marketing partnerships
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to perform at the supervising manager level
- Excellent spoken and written communications
- Excellent understanding of marketing data and systems, Salesforce and Pardot experience preferred
- Strong understanding of social media strategies and execution
- Experience owning and implementing marketing campaigns and functions, including advertising, website, and marketing automation
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Understanding of social justice spaces and a passion for human rights
- Commitment to a culture of growth and learning in work and among peers
- Proven peer management and supervisory skills
- Comfort with working in a flexible in-person and remote environment
Position Location: While this job may be remote anywhere inside the United States, it will require occasional in-person meetings at MADRE’s headquarters in New York City. Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Salary: $90,000
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package offered that is robust, inclusive, and progressive.
Application Process: To apply, please send a cover letter, CV/Resume, and two work samples of your choice to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Email Subject Line: Marketing Supervising Manager.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ people, veterans, and women are all especially encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. MADRE is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best
candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage applications, even if every one of the qualifications described are not met.