MADRE seeks an experienced Human Rights Consultant for drafting reports and assessments, conducting trainings and workshop, and monitoring and evaluation of various project activities in close coordination with MADRE’s partner in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- Report drafting on women’s human rights violations in the DRC in conflict areas;
- Assessment for providing workshops and trainings relating to reducing sexual and gender-based violence in the DRC;
- Assistance with monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Attending meetings, conducting interviews, drafting internal memos and/or reports as needed and agreed upon;
- Perform other project tasks as mutually agreed upon.
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights and MADRE’s mission
- At least 3 years of experience working on women’s rights issues in DRC and within the context of international human rights legal systems, or of using international human rights arguments in domestic legal advocacy
- Extensive knowledge of women’s rights issues in DRC, including sexual and gender-based violence, land and family rights, and laws pertaining to victims of sexual violence
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Preferably located in DRC
- Fluency in English and French required; Fluency in Swahili a plus
Compensation commensurate with experience. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com.
Include “Human Rights Consultant, DRC” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.