MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; in which women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and in which people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks a skilled Executive Administrator to support the work of the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to MADRE’s mission, the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks carefully and quickly, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage complex situations with sound judgment and discretion.
The ideal candidate is responsible for providing executive support and serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will also serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organize and coordinate events and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects. The ideal individual will have strong written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters.
Executive Administrator duties:
- Provide high-level administrative support while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, interpersonal skills, tact, integrity, good judgment and discretion around issues of confidentiality
- Compose high-level written correspondence, edit and proof a variety of written and visual deliverables, including those for the Board, staff and external audiences
- Draft, prepare and process correspondence in a timely manner with impeccable attention to detail
- Manage the Executive Director's calendar, coordinate and prepare the Executive Director for meetings, handle logistics and execution of teleconference calls and meetings
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Manage key relationships for the Executive Director with accuracy and efficiency, including managing correspondence, follow ups to meetings, and related items
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including handling finances related to the Executive Director; arranging and coordinating events
- Conduct occasional research
- Offer technical assistance to Executive Director as needed, including trainings or capacity building around new systems and processes
- When in the office, responsible for answering phones, receiving guests, and responding to general inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
Board Support and Liaison
- Provide operational and technical support to ensure smooth running of three Board meetings per year including advance distribution of materials
- Work closely with Executive Director to coordinate and advance all Board activities and to design and implement Board development strategy, including correspondence and identifying and researching prospective members
- Manage Board onboarding and build strong working relationships with all members to deepen Board engagement
- Coordinate all Board and Committee meetings, including a day-long Board strategic retreat, by developing agendas and meeting goals, supervising scheduling, preparing materials, and managing the day-of logistics
- Manage the progress of agenda items with the Board in between meetings, by scheduling calls, coordinating correspondence, and other related activities with the Board and Executive Director
- Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to Board of Directors
- Assist Board members as needed
- 5 years minimum experience of Senior Administrative or Executive level support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior writing skills and the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines, and proven ability to work under pressure
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite, demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and able to improve performance through management feedback
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong sense of urgency and exemplary levels of accuracy, efficiency, flexibility, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience drafting and editing professional correspondence with correct grammar, style, and punctuation
- Familiarity with the content of MADRE's work
- Non-Profit experience a plus
- Social Media experience/familiarity a plus
Salary range starts at $64,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.