Reporting to the Policy and Communications Director, the Communications Associate will provide support to advance MADRE’s communications strategy, by fulfilling the responsibilities listed below. A successful candidate will have strong writing skills, attention to detail, and experience working collaboratively on a team.
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, drafting, and regularly updating content that promotes the organization, our campaigns and our projects
- Posting content to MADRE’s website and social networks, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Assisting with production of print membership and public education materials
- Tracking news developments related MADRE’s priority program areas and strategies
- Tracking and creating reports on online engagement analytics, and carrying out strategies to expand visibility
- Designing and editing basic graphics and video, and coordinating with external consultants for more advanced projects
- Integrating multimedia materials into website and other outreach
- Supporting event logistics and planning
- Assisting with the communications team’s operations and administrative needs, including database support
- Minimum of 2 years of communications experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Strong research, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to message complex issues creatively and clearly
- Commitment to women’s rights and progressive social change, and knowledge of the focus areas and regions in which MADRE works
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Desired skills: Spanish, Arabic and/or French fluency
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Application instructions: Please email your resume, cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.