MADRE is an international feminist fund and women's human rights organization that partners with community-based women's groups worldwide facing war, disaster, and their aftermath. MADRE works toward a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; resources are shared equitably and sustainably; women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
Communications and Marketing Associate
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing (CM) the Associate supports all MADRE’s communications and marketing tasks and projects. The individual is paramount to the Communications and Marketing team, helps maintain our systems, and keeps related work moving in the right direction. The individual should have excellent system-management skills and enjoy seeing systems and projects run smoothly. The position is currently fully remote pending a return-to-workplace policy and is suited for someone with a passion for social justice and an understanding of branding.
Visuals Maintenance (30%)
- Maintain MADRE’s Media Resource Library, ensuring all photos are tagged and organized properly, and the system meets MADRE’s needs
- Facilitate with sourcing current photos, acquiring new images, and maintaining our database of professional photographers
- Support the CM team in acquiring, editing, and organizing videos
External Communications (40%)
- Facilitate formatting and send emails
- Maintain and update MADRE’s media contact lists and profiles in Salesforce
- Assist with research on media and speaking engagement contacts
- Assist with the creation of social media posts, website pages, and other externally-facing materials
- Support the CM team with the audit of our website
- Maintain and distribute requests to CM through our FormAssembly system
- Keep minutes for CM weekly meetings and when CM hosts all-staff meetings
- Help set up meetings across departments and maintain the CM calendar
- Mail swag bags to our MADRE Champions and other recipients, as needed
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
- Process invoices, check requests, and maintain and submit credit card logs
- Ensure budget-to-actuals documents are kept up-to-date
- Excellent spoken and written communications
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of social justice spaces and a passion for human rights
- Excellent team player
- Ease with using data and systems
- Experience with digital asset management, email marketing, and customer relationship management systems is an advantage
- Strong eye for high-quality visuals
- Experience with budgeting
- Understanding of and comfortable with digital platforms
- Comfort with working in a flexible in-person and remote environment
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This position is currently remote but will require occasional time in our New York City office for meetings and operational duties, once the pandemic subsides.
Salary is $60,000.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people, and women are all encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.