Your Support in Action
You and MADRE in 2010
Posted on: Thursday, January 7, 2010
Make this the year that you become an unstoppable force for women’s human rights.
When you partner with MADRE in 2010, you’ll:
- Save lives,
- Build lasting solutions to violence and poverty, and
- Join the world’s bravest women in making human rights a reality for everyone.
New Year, New Goals
In 2010, we will:
- Provide an escape route to Afghan women whose lives are in danger.
- Deliver disaster relief, including food, shelter, emergency medical attention and other critical resources to women and families.
- Conduct trauma counseling workshops and art therapy projects for former child soldiers in Colombia.
- Support Iraq's first women’s radio station to empower Iraqi women to claim their rights and rebuild their society.
Protect the planet
- Bring clean water to women and their families in Nicaragua, Kenya and Palestine.
- Provide seeds and equipment for women’s organic farming projects in Sudan, Panama, Nicaragua and Guatemala.
Defend reproductive and sexual rights
- Ensure that sex workers in Nicaragua have access to condoms and healthcare services.
- Equip midwives in Palestine to ensure that women have a safe and healthy birthing experience.
- Conduct sexual and reproductive rights trainings for women in Guatemala and Palestine.
Provide women and children with an education and income
- Support a girls' school in Kenya.
- Expand income-generating projects in Colombia, Kenya and Guatemala.