Your Support in Action
Elections in Kenya
Posted on: Monday, March 4, 2013
Five years after election-related violence result in the deaths of 1,000 people, Kenya faces another presidential election. MADRE is working closely with our partners there to monitor the situation and to help protect communities against further violence.
Below are resources on how you can help and learn more.
- MADRE and Partners Pledge to Keep Girls Safe in Kenya
- Tension and Violence in Kenya Ahead of Elections (myMADRE blog entry, February 22)
- MADRE's Partners in Kenya
- Project: Shelters for Kenyan Girls
- On Eve of Vote, Fragile Valley in Kenya Faces New Divisions (New York Times, March 2)
- VIDEO: Kenyans Campaign For Peace Ahead of Polls (allAfrica.com, February 27)
- Neighbors Kill Neighbors as Kenyan Vote Stirs Old Feuds (New York Times, February 21)
- Post-election rape survivors sue Kenyan government (IRIN News, February 21)
- Kenya - No Ordinary Elections (IRIN News, February 19)
- Rising insecurity in northern Kenya (IRIN News, February 18)
- Kenyan web monitors work to avert election violence (The Guardian, January 31)