Job Opening: Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator
Posted on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works in partnership with community-based women’s organization worldwide to address issues of economic and environmental justice, women’s health, violence against women, and peace building. Since its inception in 1983, MADRE has delivered over 28 million dollars worth of support to women organizations worldwide. MADRE provides resources, training, and support to enable sister organizations to meet concrete needs in their respective communities and develop long-term solutions to the crises they face.
Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator
MADRE is seeking a highly organized, motivated professional with a commitment to women’s human rights and international social justice.
- Act as front desk receptionists by courteously answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages, and greeting all visitors
- Maintain office equipment, order and stock office supplies, manage mailing needs, organize filing systems, and address constantly adapting responsibilities and staff needs
- Maintain appearance of the office
- Coordinate technological needs with an external information technology vendor
- Handle Basic IT needs such as creating user accounts for new employees, troubleshooting technical issues with smart phones, printers, laptops, computers, etc and assist staff with their IT needs
- Recruit and manage interns and volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director with scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, planning events, travel arrangements, communication with the Board of Directors and other duties as assigned
Helping Hands Coordinator
- Manage MADRE’s humanitarian aid campaigns
- Maintain donation inventories and donor contact databases
- Organize donations in office warehouse and prepare items for overseas shipments
- Solicit student groups and help them organize events for MADRE
- Commitment to women’s human rights and progressive social change, knowledge of the focus areas and regions in which MADRE works
- Strong research, writing, and data management skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional knowledge of MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines that often change
- Some experience in soliciting donations preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- Technologically savvy
- 2-year commitment to MADRE
This position requires the ability to lift and move boxes of various weights.
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter addressed to Yifat Susskind at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Start date: Friday, March 30
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.