Demanding Women's Human Rights at the United Nations: CSW 2014
Posted on: Thursday, February 20, 2014
From March 10 to March 21, the United Nations will host women's rights advocates from around the world for the fifty-eighth session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
CSW is for international leaders and civil society activists to convene and evaluate progress on gender equality and create policies to promote women's empowerment worldwide. This year's priority theme is the "Challenges and achievements in the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals for women and girls".
Join MADRE and Our Partners for the Following Events at the 58th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the event(s) you will be attending.
- Indigenous Women and the MDGs – Challenges and Lessons - Tuesday, March 11th, 2:30 - 4:00PM
- Celebrate the Next 30 Years! A Toast to Young Women Activists - Tuesday, March 11th, 6:00 - 9:00PM
- Women from Bosnia to Syria: A Candid Conversation to Share Lessons of Peace Building - Wednesday, March 12th, 10:30AM
- The Transformative Impact of Investing in Women & Girls: Learning from Leaders on the Ground - Thursday, March 13th, 4:30PM - 6PM
- Women Organizing for Peace, Rights and Accountability - Thursday, March 13th, 6:00 - 8:00PM
- What Does Success Look Like on the Ground: Women in Burma, Sudan, Haiti and the DRC are Organizing for Change - Tuesday, March 18, 10:30AM
2:30 - 4:00PM
Armenian Convention Center, V- Hall, 630 2nd Avenue, New York, NY
Join MADRE and the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung-New York Office for a discussion with Indigenous women from across the world about the challenges and lessons learned to implement the MDGs in local communities. The event will highlight the perspectives of Indigenous women on the post-2015 development agenda.
6:00 - 9:00pm
Vermilion Restaurant - 480 Lexington Ave, New York, NY
Join MADRE for food, drinks and a celebration of the future we are building together!
For 30 years, MADRE has brought together activists and changemakers to advance women's human rights, Together, we're carrying that legacy forward into the next 30 years—and beyond.
Each guest will receive one free drink, to help us raise a toast to the young activists who will keep the fire burning for women's human rights.
To RSVP, email email@example.com
Church Center at the UN, 777 United Nations Plaza (1st Floor), New York, NY
Join grassroots women leaders from Bosnia and Syria for a candid conversation on how lessons from post-conflict Bosnia can inform solutions to gender-based violence and enhance women’s role in peacemaking in the Syrian conflict.
4:30PM - 6PM
United Nations Church Center, 777 United Nations Plaza, 2nd Floor
Honoring: Madeleine Rees, Secretary General of the Women's International League for Peace & Freedom (WILPF)
6:00pm - 8:00pm
CUNY School of Law, 2 Court Square, Long Island City
6) What Does Success Look Like on the Ground: Women in Burma, Sudan, Haiti and the DRC are Organizing for Change