Job Opening: Membership Coordinator, MADRE
Posted on: Tuesday, July 13, 2010
(previously posted as Development Assistant)
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works in partnership with community-based women’s organization worldwide to address issues of economic and environmental justice, women’s health, violence against women, and peace building. Since its inception in 1983, MADRE has delivered over 27 million dollars worth of support to women organizations worldwide. MADRE provides resources, training, and support to enable sister organizations to meet concrete needs in their respective communities and develop long-term solutions to the crises they face.
MADRE is seeking a highly organized, motivated person with great systems management skills and a commitment to women’s human rights and international social justice to join our development department.
- Process and deposit all donations daily
- Process matching gift requests and payroll-deduction donations
- Process all offline credit card donations
- Coordinate the production of all direct mail solicitations, including background research for all appeals, budget approval, processing vendor invoices, and editing and proofreading copy
- Coordinate design, production and distribution of bi-annual print newsletter; work with outside designer and contractors; and oversee budget for print production
- Manage and maintain donor database
- Generate reports from database on large contributors and other donors as needed
- Process and send weekly batch of donations to database management company
- Field requests for information and provide support to individuals and groups interested in hosting fundraising events on behalf of MADRE
- Generate acknowledgement letters for donations received through individual fundraisers
- Oversee participation in workplace fundraising campaigns, including yearly application process for state and federal employee campaigns
- Monitor deadlines for annual state registration renewal and process applications for state registration
- Oversee MADRE’s fiscal sponsorship program for small organizations that don’t have 501c3 or non-profit status
- Commitment to women’s human rights and progressive social change, knowledge of the focus areas and regions in which MADRE works
- Strong research, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Prior experience with donor databases
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Some experience in fundraising preferred
- 2-year commitment to MADRE
Start date: August 1
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.