Job Opening: Helping Hands Coordinator / Administrative Assistant, MADRE
Posted on: Monday, July 26, 2010
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works in partnership with community-based women’s organization worldwide to address issues of economic and environmental justice, women’s health, violence against women, and peace building. Since its inception in 1983, MADRE has delivered over 27 million dollars worth of support to women organizations worldwide. MADRE provides resources, training, and support to enable sister organizations to meet concrete needs in their respective communities and develop long-term solutions to the crises they face.
Helping Hands Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
MADRE is seeking a highly organized, motivated professional with a commitment to women’s human rights and international social justice.
Helping Hands Coordinator
- Manage MADRE’s humanitarian aid campaigns
- Maintain communication with existing or potential donors, research new donors, and solicit humanitarian aid donations
- Design promotional materials and marketing strategies for each humanitarian aid campaign
- Maintain donation inventories and donor contact databases
- Organize donations in office warehouse and prepare items for overseas shipments
- Solicit student groups and help them organize events for MADRE
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director with research, scheduling meetings, planning events, travel arrangements and various other logistical tasks
- Maintain office equipment, order and stock office supplies, manage mailing needs, organize filing systems, and address constantly adapting responsibilities
- Act as front desk receptionists by courteously answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages, and greeting all visitors
- Commitment to women’s human rights and progressive social change, knowledge of the focus areas and regions in which MADRE works
- Strong research, writing, and data management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional knowledge of MS Office suite, Google Docs and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines that often change
- Some experience in soliciting donations preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- 2-year commitment to MADRE
This position requires the ability to lift and move boxes of various weights.
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter addressed to Vivian Stromberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Due Date: August 1st
Start date: August 9
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.