Job Opening: Website and Online Membership Coordinator, MADRE
Posted on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010
MADRE is seeking an experienced, passionate, highly organized professional to serve as our Website and Online Membership Coordinator.
Online Membership and Donations Processing
- Manage online donations and communications with online donors
- Process and disburse monthly check from online donations processor
- Help build relationship with online donors, particularly recurring donors
- Create and maintain new donation pages
- Send in honor and in memory cards
- Maintain third-party donation sites and process all third party donations
Website Development and Management
- Maintain, create, and update web content that promotes each of the organizations/projects offline efforts.
- Manage MADRE’s Spanish website, including translation, approval and posting of content
- Work with vendors to evolve and upgrade website functionality and design as needed to support campaigns.
- Implement a strategy for search engine optimization.
- Ensure and maintain editorial consistency and web style guidelines.
- Analyze website traffic reports on Google analytics and create reports to share with staff.
- Help respond to website inquiries and information requests.
- Design and edit graphics as needed.
- Support development of other organizational/project websites as needed.
Online Campaigns and Email Advocacy
- Write and edit content for e-appeals, action campaigns and e-newsletters.
- Help maintain wrappers and pages for action campaigns and organizational messages.
- Help maintain email lists and databases.
- Analyze and share regular analysis of email campaign performance.
- Support creation and implementation of online marketing plans for website, publications, campaigns, and events.
- Develop strategies for list growth.
- Provide advice and counsel on best practices on web marketing and new media, including e-mail campaigns, online newsletters, search engine optimization (SEO), podcasts, and RSS feeds
Information Technology Coordination
- Coordinate staff IT needs with an external information technology vendor.
- Handle basic IT needs such as creating user accounts for new employees.
- Coordinate the purchase and payment of items for the online store
- Process, photograph and upload items to the third party site
- Maintain the inventory and ship items as orders arrive
- Prepare the webstore for seasonal pushes and assist in marketing campaigns
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for online store
- Commitment to women’s rights and knowledge of the human rights framework
- Knowledge of and commitment to MADRE’s vision and programs
- Familiarity with html and online content management systems
- Familiarity with DemocracyInAction or a similar online donations processor a plus
- Ability to represent MADRE and communicate effectively and sensitively with donors
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Database management skills and professional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience prepping graphics and video for web
- Tech and Web 2.0 savvy
- Some knowledge of Spanish required
Start Date: early to mid August
Location: New York, NY
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Vivian Stromberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Archives"Press Room" Home March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 May 2010 April 2010 March 2010 February 2010 January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 June 2009 May 2009 April 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 November 2008 October 2008 September 2008 August 2008 July 2008 June 2008 May 2008 April 2008 March 2008 February 2008 January 2008 December 2007 November 2007 October 2007 September 2007 August 2007 June 2007 May 2007 April 2007 March 2007 February 2007 January 2007 December 2006 November 2006 October 2006 September 2006 July 2006 June 2006 April 2006 March 2006 January 2006 December 2005 November 2005 September 2005 August 2005 July 2005 April 2005 March 2005 November 2004 October 2004 April 2004 March 2004 January 2004 December 2003 October 2003 September 2003 June 2003 April 2003 January 2003 September 2002 June 2002 January 2002 November 2001 October 2001 September 2001 August 2001 January 2001
Kat Noel, Website & Media Coordinator
PHONE: +1 212 627 0444
MADRE & Our Partners Make News
Haiti: the neoliberal model imposed on the country is failing its citizens (The Guardian, February 5, 2014)
Human rights group slams Iraq over treatment of women in prison (Miami Herald, February 2, 2014)
New Ways to Evaluate Impact (Stanford Social Innovation Review, January 24, 2014)
Poverty, Homelessness and Gender Violence Remains High Four Years After Earthquake (Uprising Radio , January 17, 2014)
Empowering Haiti's rape survivors (CNN, January 14, 2014)