Job Opening: Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator
Posted on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works in partnership with community-based women’s organization worldwide to address issues of economic and environmental justice, women’s health, violence against women, and peace building. Since its inception in 1983, MADRE has delivered over 28 million dollars worth of support to women organizations worldwide. MADRE provides resources, training, and support to enable sister organizations to meet concrete needs in their respective communities and develop long-term solutions to the crises they face.
Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator
MADRE is seeking a highly organized, motivated professional with a commitment to women’s human rights and international social justice.
- Act as front desk receptionists by courteously answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages, and greeting all visitors
- Maintain office equipment, order and stock office supplies, manage mailing needs, organize filing systems, and address constantly adapting responsibilities and staff needs
- Maintain appearance of the office
- Coordinate technological needs with an external information technology vendor
- Handle Basic IT needs such as creating user accounts for new employees, troubleshooting technical issues with smart phones, printers, laptops, computers, etc and assist staff with their IT needs
- Recruit and manage interns and volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director with scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, planning events, travel arrangements, communication with the Board of Directors and other duties as assigned
Helping Hands Coordinator
- Manage MADRE’s humanitarian aid campaigns
- Maintain donation inventories and donor contact databases
- Organize donations in office warehouse and prepare items for overseas shipments
- Solicit student groups and help them organize events for MADRE
- Commitment to women’s human rights and progressive social change, knowledge of the focus areas and regions in which MADRE works
- Strong research, writing, and data management skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional knowledge of MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage many distinct areas of work at once
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines that often change
- Some experience in soliciting donations preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- Technologically savvy
- 2-year commitment to MADRE
This position requires the ability to lift and move boxes of various weights.
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter addressed to Yifat Susskind at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Assistant/Helping Hands Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Start date: Friday, March 30
MADRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Archives"Press Room" Home April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 May 2010 April 2010 March 2010 February 2010 January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 June 2009 May 2009 April 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 November 2008 October 2008 September 2008 August 2008 July 2008 June 2008 May 2008 April 2008 March 2008 February 2008 January 2008 December 2007 November 2007 October 2007 September 2007 August 2007 June 2007 May 2007 April 2007 March 2007 February 2007 January 2007 December 2006 November 2006 October 2006 September 2006 July 2006 June 2006 April 2006 March 2006 January 2006 December 2005 November 2005 September 2005 August 2005 July 2005 April 2005 March 2005 November 2004 October 2004 April 2004 March 2004 January 2004 December 2003 October 2003 September 2003 June 2003 April 2003 January 2003 September 2002 June 2002 January 2002 November 2001 October 2001 September 2001 August 2001 January 2001
Kat Noel, Website & Media Coordinator
PHONE: +1 212 627 0444
MADRE & Our Partners Make News
The Right to Heal: 11 Years After Iraq Invasion, U.S. Urged on Reparations for War's Enduring Wounds (Democracy Now!, March 26, 2014)
Protests Call Iraq's New Family Law 'Legalization of Pedophilia' (Rudaw, March 10, 2014)
Haiti: the neoliberal model imposed on the country is failing its citizens (The Guardian, February 5, 2014)
Human rights group slams Iraq over treatment of women in prison (Miami Herald, February 2, 2014)
New Ways to Evaluate Impact (Stanford Social Innovation Review, January 24, 2014)