World Water Day 2013
Access to clean, uncontaminated water is a basic human right -- our very existence depends on it. Yet every day, people must fight for the recognition of clean and safe water as a universal right.
Check out the resources below for more information about how women worldwide are making the right to clean water a reality in their communities.
MADRE Water Projects
- World Water Day 2013: How Shortages Affect Women, Kids, Hunger (And What You Can Do), March 22, 2013
- U.N.’s Water Agenda at Risk of Being Hijacked by Big Business, February 11, 2013
- Corporate Land Grabs Reveal a Hidden Agenda: Controlling the Water, January 24, 2013
- Haiti: More pressure needed to get clean water, December 12, 2012
- Women Spend 40 Billion Hours Collecting Water, August 31, 2012
- Gaza’s water could be undrinkable by 2016, August 30, 2012