Happy Mother's Day!
This Mother’s Day, celebrate the women in your life with MADRE!
The incredible strength of mothers worldwide is the driving force behind everything we do.
They tirelessly work to build a better future for their children, where peace and human rights are a reality for all.
Please join us today in thanking these amazing women.
Note: To receive alternative gifts and in-honor donation cards in time for Mother's Day, the deadline for ordering is May 4, 5pm EST. For gift items from the webstore, the deadline for ordering is May 2, 5pm EST.
- Honor the women in your life with gifts that give back!
- You can support mothers worldwide by purchasing beautiful gifts handmade by our sister organizations. To shop MADRE's webstore, click here.
- Purchase an alternative gift in honor of a special woman in your life, and we’ll send her a card with a special message from you. To learn more, click here.
- Make a donation to MADRE, and we'll send the mother you honor a beautiful card that includes a special message from you. To make a donation, click here.
- Help us send a Mother’s Day message to President Obama, urging him to protect access to abortion and contraception for women worldwide. To sign the petition, click here.
- Bring your friends and family for a day of music and celebration in the name of peace!
- Date: Sunday, May 13
- Time and Place: Meet us at 11:30 a.m. at the Merchants Gate at Columbus Circle, 59th Street and Central Park West. At noon, we will set off for a stroll up Broadway and Columbus to the Natural History Museum. Then we will continue across Central Park to the steps of the Metropolitan Museum. To view event details, click here.
- MADRE has partnered with Link TV this year to celebrate mothers from around the globe!
- Check out LinkTV.org/women to view programs dedicated to issues affecting mother's worldwide, as well as our own video about our work in Nanyori's Village. And don't forget to tune in to LinkTV on 5/13.
Photo Credit: Elizabeth Rappaport